Woo hoo! Things are rollin’ bigtime for our Club’s
Shop Local Holiday Open House on Saturday, Nov. 28th – 11am to 5pm!
If you are not familiar with this annual event to promote local businesses and community, go here.
Current Update of things happening that day:
Open to the public – 11am to 5pm
(Looking for Aerie/Aux. volunteers to “host” 1 to 2 hour shifts.)
Free Hot Dogs!
Dave Rogers will ensure we have dogs, buns, condiments and Hot Dog cooker/other. Rumor has it Steve Young is donating the dogs & buns!!! Tom Tooley will be cooking. (Looking for some addl. help/servers.)
Hot Cider – $1 – Benefiting our FOE Kids’ Club
(Darci, Leesa, others…anyone have a couple good shots of Kids’ Club functions I can post?)
Winter Coat & Blanket Drive
Benefiting the Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank and Eastside Baby Corner
(Box out accepting new and gently-used coast and blankets – all sizes and ages)
- Leesa Nelson – Advocate confirmed!
- Kim Boyd – knit caps confirmed!
- Sue Vetter – Shimmering Chic Creations – jewelry confirmed!
- Robin Spicer – art, prints, tees, other confirmed!
- Chris & Margaret Lapcevich – copper fish yard art/wreaths?
FOE Headhunter Poker 1:30pm plus…of course, football and hangin’ with friends!
- Spicer will handle in-house and outside signage/flyers, and has secured/paid for a small ad in next week’s Issaquah Press within their “SHOP SMALL” promotions.
- Additional FREE promos from “ Shop Issaquah/Local” sponsors. (Downtown Issaquah Assoc., Chamber of Commerce, Gilman Village, The Issaquah Press, Issaquah Highlands Council and others)
- A Basket Raffle to benefit a Club Charity?
- Donation of homemade or store-bought holiday cookies to hand out for free to kids (on Kids’ Club table)
Please pass on to any member you think may want to sell/promote (have room for 1 or 2 more) or who might assist with any set-up or hosting of Membership/Sign-in table.
Thanks all for helping to make our Club look like a fun, friendly, welcoming, active, charitable and vital part of downtown and our community!
David Rogers & Robin Spicer, Co-Chairs